Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Pictures of Spencer

"Hello Everybody!" These were Spencer's first words to all of you.
He set a Guiness Book World Record by speaking on his first day!

Here are some long awaited (one day) pictures of Spencer. (Finally got his name) He's so cute and we are very excited to have him here. He was born officially at 10:54 AM and was 7lbs 7oz and 18 and 1/2 in. long. It is quite an experience to see your very own child enter the world. I recommend it to anyone! Kathleen will be able to go home on Thursday. Enjoy the pictures!

Kathleen just after she got her epidural. Believe it or not, she's really "happy" in this picture. The epidural was a good relief.

Moments after birth. You might be able to tell that he just did a chest pump with his arms! He's pretty excited for the BYU game on Saturday.

Spencer weighs 7lbs and 7ozs and is 18 1/2 in. long. You can see his cone head pretty well here. This is evidence that the aliens on Indiana Jones might just be underdeveloped baby's. His head has rounded out since.









The first bath. He wasn't too excited about this. But one thing is for sure, he's got really good lungs. He's ready to rise and shout!

This is a perfect view of Spencers cleft chin. He got that from Daddy! You can also see that they have tagged and branded him so he goes home with us.

No, Kathleen did not have triplets. This is a Spencer sandwich with Olivia and Aislee Bread. Spencer weighs about the same as his twin cousins at one day as they are at 6 weeks.

Spencer and his great-grandpa. Grandpa Gaisford was excited to meet his 11th great-grandchild and Spencer is excited to meet all his new friends here on earth.

22 comments:

Erin said...

Congratulations! Thank goodness for epidurals. He looks just like...both of you. So cute. And a cute name, too.

Burkinshaw Family said...

Leeny and Bryce,
You have outstanding genes! What a handsome boy and what cute cousins he has!! We love you.

Dan and Kan said...

yay he's here!! i'm so excited for you!!! hopefully my labor will go as fast as yours :) congrats!!!

Meg said...

Oh my cuteness!!! He is adorable Kathleen. And I LOVE the name! (that's my younger brother's name and my Dad's middle name). I hope all is well and you are recovering well!

Tammy said...

He is an absolutely beautiful newborn!

Chelsea and Cody said...

Great pics...and wonderful narration bryce! I did freak out when there was that pic of THREE babies...then I remembered...ha! He is already good lookin!

Michael Beckstead said...

Congrats again!

Mariah said...

Congratulations! He is adorable.

collinanddani said...

He is perfect! I love the name Spencer too!

Matt and Jessica Stevenson said...

Happy Birthday SPENCER!!!! He is so cute and perfect. He was just two days shy of having Kelty's birthday:) kathleen's labor sounds like mine...i went from a 2 to a 10 in an hour also(thank goodness for fast labor:)
Well i hope you two are getting some sleep. oh and thanks for blogging so quickly, i am very impressed.

Kirsta and Morian said...

yea for baby Spencer! we can't wait to meet him, especially Devin! congrats again!

Ashley and Daniel said...

Oh my goodness Congrats on the new addition to your family!Glad to hear everything went well :-)

David and Heather said...

CONGRATS! You look great, Kathleen, and you guys' baby is sooo darling. We are way happy for all of you.

Just a thought... said...

Congratulations Kathleen and Bryce -what an adorable baby! We send our best. What a fun get together you will have at Christmas time with all of the new and older cousins. I will send the pics off to Whitney in Russia. She'll be excited to see them too. Actually we didn't get a letter from her this week so ...we assume she's still in Russia! (She could be on a visa run to Estonia, Prague, Madrid or Stolkholm!)

P.S. email me your address so I can send something for that cute baby. Actually ...I still need Paul and Molly's too!) kartx98@yahoo.com

The Eve's said...

Congratulations! I love the blog post. You don't even look like you just had a baby in these pics Leen!

Erika said...

Congratulations...welcome Spencer! It's a little scary that he came so fast because I've heard they only come faster on subsequent births! A girl in our ward delivered her 3rd baby at home because it went so quickly...hopefully you'll be prepared to do that, Bryce! :)

Allison said...

He's beautiful! What a great name too! And Kathleen, goodness--you don't even look liked you went through labor and delivery! Beautiful and cool and a cucumber :)

Krystle Lowen said...

Kathleen! Congrats! This is so exciting! And I can't believe you just had a baby in those pics, you look great! Spencer is very cute, and I like the name!

Niels and Kayla said...

CONGRATULATIONS you two!! He is so precious, best wishes!! Happy everything went ok :)

Krystal said...

Congrats:) Spencer is so cute and tiny...Hope you are getting much rest!

Kyla Lewis said...

Congratulations Kathleen!! I was thinking about you this past week. Hope everything went well. We'll have to come by sometime and visit!

The Starks said...

Congrats to both of you!!! How exciting!!! He looks like a BYU football player!!!!!