Friday, September 4, 2009

Duck Pond!

This week here in Oklahoma the weather has been really nice, well until yesterday anyway. It wasn't very humid and it was only in like the 70's. So one night we decided it was time to take Spencer to meet some ducks at the duck pond. I think that he liked them...he didn't really get really excited or really scared or anything. There are some big white ducks that are really loud and kind of mean. We were feeding a few ducks and they came running over honking at us. They were all getting really close and so Spencer and I decided it was time to get away from them. Bryce fed them a little but they were honking and getting closer and closer to him so he turned around to walk away and one of them snapped at his back! It was so funny. Anyway, it was a fun little trip and we know to try and stay away from the mean white ducks.
Bryce and Spencer with our favorite duck. This one was even taking the bread out of Bryce's hand. Spencer's face looks a little concerned, but he really loved the duck.

Spencer is into everything these days. He loves to go through drawers and cupboards and just pull everything out.
He also really loves climbing down the stairs. There are four little stairs that lead up to his room and he is getting good at climbing down them. It would be easier if he just went down them backwards, but he has to start out going head first and then he'll eventually turn sideways and get to the bottom. I haven't let him try this on the big stairs yet because I am sure that he would just roll down them. But these little ones are good practice for him.

3 comments:

Chelsea and Cody said...

O my gosh! I can't believe I just watched your little man go HEAD first down the stairs! I was holding my breath the whole time just HOPING that he wouldn't fall! How fun!

Michael Beckstead said...

Bryce! I can't wait to hear about being at the game last night! GO COUGARS! That was awesome!

Annie Beckstead said...

Those stairs are perfect! Soft and few...