At least right now. As soon as my recipe box is full I'll have to find another project to keep me busy.
Spencer is almost 16 months old now! He is getting so big and has such a great little personality. He "talks" all the time. We of course can't understand him, but he acts like he's really got something important to say. He gets a kind of serious/mean look on his face. We were at the store the other day and he was talking to some lady and she said "He looks like he's telling me off!" And it does...but he's really very sweet.
This was after Christmas when we had a ton of snow. Spencer wasn't too happy about it at the time. And we are actually getting more snow today! School is closed and Bryce is coming home from work early...snow is a big deal around here.
Spencer has always been a little wheezy, sometimes it's not so bad and sometimes it's a little worse. Well, after Christmas it got really bad. We took him in to see Uncle Ryan and he said he thought it was RSV. So we got some medicine and a machine to do breathing treatments to take home. His first few experiences with getting a breathing treatment were fairly traumatic. But he got used to it and he would sit pretty still as long as the TV was on. Here is Aunt Jenny helping him. He is doing much better now though and is breathing even better than he was before he got sick! He's hardly every wheezy.
My Aunt Julie has a train that she left at our house for Spencer to play with. And he loves it! It is a little frustrating for me though. We go down to set up a train track and as soon as I get a few tracks together he is pulling them apart, stepping on them, or picking up/blocking the trains. I am pretty sure I am more excited to set up a track and watch the train than he is...or maybe it just drives me crazy spending all that time figuring out how to set up the best track and then watching it get destroyed before I finish? I usually have to sit him on the couch, then set up the track really fast, watch it go around at least once, and then I'll let him down to play/destroy it. It keeps us both entertained for a while. =)

Spencer finally got to go out and see the horses at my aunt and uncles land. I wasn't there to see his reaction, but I hear he really enjoyed it. Doesn't he look so small next to that gigantic horse's head? He seems to love animals. It will be fun to take him to the zoo once the weather warms up.
3 comments:
Good update! Sounds like life is going good. Can't wait to hear about Bryce's school!
Keegan just got over RSV too...but we only got one breathing treatment at the doctor's office. I think more at home would have helped...at least they were both older when they got it, right?
Glad to see the update & see how you guys are doing! :)
Good to see the update from you guys.
Post a Comment