Saturday, September 11, 2010

Week-end Trip To Texas

A few weekends ago Spencer, my sister Chelsea, and I took a short trip down to Houston to visit my brother John and his family. Spencer did pretty well during the long drive. But we were all happy to be out of the car once we got there. Spencer and Sam had fun playing together. We are still working with Spencer on sharing and being gentle and not biting! He is really into biting lately. Sam is a pretty tough little kid so he dealt with Spencer's occasional shoves and bites pretty well. One time Sam was sitting in his high chair eating. Spencer came over and was kissing his toes. All of a sudden we hear Sam crying and realize Spencer decided he'd rather bite the toes than kiss them! Hopefully he will grow out of this stage soon. :)

While we were there we took a trip to the beach. I didn't pull my camera out much during the trip (I didn't even get a picture of Spencer and Sam together!) but I did bring it to the beach. I was a little nervous about how Spencer would do at the beach. Mostly because as we were walking out to the car Spencer fell and skinned his knee pretty bad. So the whole car ride to the beach he was crying. I think mostly because he could see his knee. He would cry a little and stop, then he'd look down at his knee and start crying hysterically again. And salt water stings! But after he got up and his shorts covered up his hurt knee he was totally fine! He didn't even notice his knee at all, even when he was in the water. It took him a few minutes to warm up to the waves coming at him, but after that he loved it! He was chasing the bird, running around in the water, picking up the sand and throwing it in the water. We had a great time.


Spencer digging up sand...probably his favorite part of the beach.

Chasing a bird..
Other than our trip to Houston not much else has been happening around here. Bryce is busy finishing supplemental applications for PA school and after those are finished he'll be busy with a few online classes. I am still working a few nights a week and am trying to find things to keep me busy while I'm there. So if anyone has any really good books to recommend, please let me know! Spencer just keeps growing and is such a fun little boy! I can't believe how big he looks in some of these pictures..


Spencer loves reading stories. And he also loves to sit in his bumbo!

A little while a go I bought Spencer a little potty. While we are still far from ready to potty train I figured we'd get him used to sitting on a potty and see how much interest he had in it. And mostly he just likes to play with it and pull it apart. I'm sure that will cause problems when he actually starts using it but oh well. So far he has only used the potty like it was meant to be used once. And I had to keep sitting him back down on it because he kept trying to get up and walk around while going poop. And after he did his business we took the potty and showed daddy. Isn't it funny how exciting going to the bathroom is when you're almost 2? TMI? Most likely...I apologize if anyone can't handle talking about poop. Or if you don't think it's kinda funny. You probably shouldn't be reading our blog if thats the case. :)


I just put this picture on because I can't believe how big Spencer looks!
Spencer loves to be in the car. While pretending to drive he found daddy's sunglasses and thought he was so cool.


They're a little big, but still so cute.


Grandma Stacey got Spencer an early birthday present that he could enjoy with this great weather we've been having. A new bike!


And he absolutely loves it! He keeps trying to go down to our neighbors driveway, which is a pretty steep hill. I always stop him before he gets there which causes quite a scene. The boy has no fear.


2 comments:

The Eve's said...

He really is looking so big! Especially in jeans?? weird! I'll have to send you all the pics we took on my camera from the car ride and beach trip!

Michael Beckstead said...

What a little stud!