Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Summer In Review

Wow. Has it really been May since I last posted?! And is it seriously already almost September?? 

Well our summer was wonderful. Bryce started his rotations for PA school. He is loving it and will be an awesome PA. The boys and I just tried to stay busy. We spent about at month at my parents house while some of my other siblings came to visit. Here is a little review of what our summer was like. 

Ice cream.  

Quite a bit of ice cream actually.  

Staying hydrated was a top priority.   

We loved eating lunch on the back porch.  

And there was our little oven fiasco. This was before church on Fathers Day. Spencer was making car muffins. I actually helped him fill the pan so every muffin was full.  And I kept telling myself that I had to remember to take these out before we left for church. 

But of course forgot until a few minutes after I turned the oven on to preheat when we got home. Actually not until I started to smell melting plastic. I don't think we had a single matchbox car that was left out. But they still play with our melted cars. Who needs wheels that actually work anyway, right?? Right Spencer??

I think we went to the Kiddie Park four times this summer! The boys loved every minute of it.  

Owen maybe didn't love the roller coaster so much, but he definitely loved the little cars. 

We had a lot of time to play with cousins. Here's Spencer, Olivia, and Aislee playing hide and seek. Aren't they so sneaky? Always took forever to find them. 

We went to some museums. This was a tornado simulator. The kids really loved it. Even Owen, though at this point he was ready to get out. 

 What is summer without going to the lake and riding on the tube? Aunt Julie and Jack were kind enough to let us go out with them (and grandma) for a few days. Spencer and Owen both loved riding on the tube. 

We also did quite a bit of coloring. Spencer could color forever. And he is getting so great at staying in the lines and everything. Owen, well he mostly scribbles a little, gets up runs around, comes back to sit down, dumps all the crayons out of the box, then runs around a little more. He's what I like to call crazy. :) 

The boys of course love to play games or watch videos on my phone. Owen used to be really good at just sitting and watching. He's now discovering that he deserves a turn too.  

Just hanging out, eating some apples. It was one of those days so I plopped them in front of the TV so I could make dinner in peace. :) I gave Spencer his leftover apples from lunch. After a few minutes I overheard Spencer saying "Owen! Owen!!" in a kind of grouchy voice. I was ready to tell him he needed to be nice when I hear him say "Owen, do you want an apple?" Spencer really is my sweet little boy. He is very good at sharing and looking out for his little brother. 

Most important, we spent as much time as we could lovin' on our daddy! 


1 comment:

Chelsea and Cody said...

THOSE POOR CARS! I can just see you scream/laughing/kind of freaking out when you realized what you did! Fun summer...your boys are to die for!