Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Our Two Year Old

I figured it's about time for an update on Spencer. I don't have many pictures to share. Mostly because whenever I pull out the camera this is what happens...


Spencer loves to watch the "baby" on the camera. I have to be sure to always have at least one video of him so he can watch himself. The other day the only video I had on there was one of him crying on the ground and then getting up and coming and hitting the camera. And I made the mistake of letting him watch it. After that anytime I got out the camera he would lay on the ground and cry and then come and hit the camera. He is no longer allowed to watch videos of himself being naughty!

This video is just for fun. Usually when I ask him where his belly button is he has to be able to see it. And sometimes his belly sticks out too far for him to be able to get a good look.




Spencer is just getting over an ear infection. He hasn't been sleeping well lately and I was afraid it was because of the time change or maybe that he just decided to stop sleeping as long. But thankfully I think we can say it was just because of the ear infection. He's back to taking good naps and sleeping through the night. He still every once in a while has a hard time going to sleep and will bang on the door for a while. I'm just glad he hasn't figured out how to open the door. Although he has figured out how to lock himself in his room so we have to keep a screwdriver by the door so we can get in.

One things Spencer absolutely loves is being outside. He would stay outside and play all day if I'd let him. He loves to pick up leaves and acorns and chase the birds and squirrels. He likes to look for bugs too. The other day we found a lady bug and he let it crawl on his hands and arms. He finds bugs all over the house (they usually are crumbs or little specks on the floor) and has to have the washcloth or tissue so he can squish them.

He is also a pretty good eater for the most part. We have given up trying to put him in his high chair and so he just sits in a big boy chair. But we usually have a hard time keeping him in the chair the whole meal. He likes to run around, come back and take a bite, and go run around some more.

Spencer also loves to watch Cars on the iTouch. We found out that YouTube has installments of the movie and one night while trying to make dinner I got desperate and this seemed like the best solution. At least I'm pretty sure that's how it started. He is actually really good at using the iTouch. He knows that he has to swipe his finger across to unlock it. There are a few learning games on there for him and he knows how to get to them. He also loves to play games on the computer. This is how he discovered Curious George, who is now one of his favorites.

Spencer is also in love with popcorn! He's so much like his daddy. He loves to make popcorn for a snack. And when he eats it he usually grabs a big handful and tries to stuff every piece in his mouth. Which is exactly what his daddy does too. :) This was a rainy day and Spencer wanted to eat his popcorn while watching the rain outside. Another funny thing about Spencer is that he loves to look at himself in the window while he eats. We have only recently discovered this because it is now basically dark outside by dinner time and so he can see himself in the windows. This is just one other reason why he is so much like his daddy. Bryce told me once that when he was little they were on vacation in California and the only thing he would eat was peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. And he remembers sitting in front of a mirror watching himself chew while he ate his peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Just that is pretty hilarious, but when I see Spencer doing the same thing it's even funnier to me.


1 comment:

The Eve's said...

So cute! Wonder how long it will take him to figure out that he's not the baby anymore!!