We were lucky enough to have some visitors from Utah at the beginning of this month! Bryce's family made the long trip from Utah to Oklahoma for Owen's baby blessing (which I have/will post about below). We were so glad they were able to come and we had a great week-end with them. Here are the boys with all of our visitors.
Owen with:
1. Grandma and Grandpa Gaisford 2. Grandma Barbara 3. Grandpa Glen and Grandma Suzette 4. Aunt Sharayne
Spencer with:
1. Grandpa Glen and Grandma Suzette 2. Grandma Barbara 3. Grandpa and Grandma Gaisford (or Grandpa Owen and Nana aka Banana as Spencer calls them) 4. Aunt Sharayne
Spencer was in heaven with all of the attention and Owen was loving being held so much! When everyone left he had to get used to more tummy time again. Poor kid. :) While everyone was here we took them to a few sites around town and just enjoyed each others company. Most of the pictures I have are thanks to Aunt Sharayne! We are so glad she takes so many pictures because I didn't pull my camera out as much as I should've.
Owen smiling for Grandma Barbara
Grandpa Gaisford, Bryce, and Spencer at the Woolaroc museum. Spencer loved sitting on Nana's walker. At one point he was even pushing Bryce around on it!
Giving Nana kisses. Spencer called her banana the whole time...and probably refers to her still as banana.
Spencer did a lot of swinging. It was a pretty warm weekend so we spent quite a bit of time outside.
I am not sure how this happened because I was inside, but Spencer figured out he could ride his bike down the hill in the backyard. Here is Bryce getting ready to jump...
And he made it! They did this a few times. Spencer had a few crashes but even with a tear stained face and dirt all over him he still got back on the bike to do it again!
Grandma Gaisford getting ready to dig into our bread pudding at lunch.
Sharayne went in to read stories with Bryce and Spencer before bed one night. (Notice Spencer's new favorite pajamas thanks to Grandma Barbara!) I kind of love this picture. First of all because Spencer is wearing sunglasses. Second of all because they are upside down. And third of all because Bryce is reading Spencer the Book of Mormon for bedtime stories. They actually just look at the pictures at the beginning and Bryce tells him what the picture is and the story behind it. We read scriptures as a family before bed and Spencer is never very excited about it. I assume because it means he has to be quiet, not play with toys (although he usually does anyway) and that it's almost time for bed. But he loves to read the Book of Mormon during story time with daddy.
We had a great week-end with everyone and are so glad that they made the trip out to see us for Owen's special day!


2 comments:
How fun! When are you leaving in May? I'm moving up there on the 7th and will up there all summer. I hope we catch you before you leave!
Kyla - we will be around until prob the last week in May. And we should def get together so just let me know when you're free!
Post a Comment