Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Crazy Spring Weather

Spring always brings with it some crazy weather here in Oklahoma...and probably most everywhere. One day last week Spencer and I were playing outside almost all day. It was soooo nice! It was in the 70's!! I was hoping that by being outside all day I would get a little tan...which didn't work. But it was amazing. The next day...seriously the NEXT day we woke up to this-


SNOW! I could hardly believe it. They kept saying it was going to snow but I thought they were lying. Maybe trying to play a joke on everyone because it was the first day of spring!? But they were right...

Two days later the snow all melted. There was a little left in the morning that Spencer enjoyed stepping in, but later that afternoon it was all gone.



And it left behind some nice puddles to splash in. And even sit down in.




We are just glad the snow only lasted a few days and it seems to be warming back up...for now. One thing I do love about spring in Oklahoma is the thunderstorms. Not tornados...just thunderstorms. I don't know why but I just love them. My little sisters and I used to pretend to be storm chasers when we were younger. Weird, right? When we saw a dark cloud in the sky we would hop in the car and chase after it with the video camera. And yes I was old enough to drive...my childhood dreams lasted a little too long I think. Thankfully we never chased after any real storms (ie tornados).

Anyway, we are definitely ready for the warmer weather and more outside playtime. Here are just some random pictures of Spencer we've taken recently.



Eating breakfast. Spencer is the slowest eater ever! He seriously takes forever to eat breakfast. Today, for example, while Spencer ate I swept the floor, vaccumed in the living room, wiped off all the counters, started some laundry, ate my own breakfast, and still sat there for 10 minutes while he finished. I really can't complain because I can get a lot done. By the way, he is eating pancakes with syrup. I usually make mini pancakes and just give him a pile of syrup to dip it in. He likes it best that way. And even though he does just dip his finger in the syrup a lot he still eats all of his pancake eventually. I don't do that everyday of course. A lot of days it's just cereal or toast.


We have church on Sundays at 11:00am and so we usually try to put Spencer down for a nap around 10 so he can make it through church...otherwise the last hour isn't very pleasant. We always have to wake him up to get him ready and still be on time. Bryce went in to wake him up this past Sunday and this is how Spence was sleeping. And I know his sheets and bumper don't match...Spencer doesn't seem to mind and so neither do I.

Can you believe he still has his binky? I know he's getting too old for it. But he sleeps so well! I'm afraid to take it away. But it is time I think. We put him to bed without it last night. He cried for about 20 minutes before he finally fell asleep. And he woke up twice during the night. I think...I never go get him at night anymore. That is Bryce's job now. I did my time. :) Actually, it's really because Spencer goes to sleep much better if Bryce goes in and gets him. If I go in there and put him down he is more likely to scream and cry. That's what I tell Bryce anyway.


Spencer loves wearing glasses/sunglasses! I think he feels really cool when he does. Can't you just tell from his face that he thinks he's awesome? :)


Helping mommy make some cookies. Spencer really likes to help me cook things. He likes pouring ingredients into the bowl even though he misses the bowl most of the time. I think he really likes it because he can sneak some cookie dough while I'm not looking. But I only let him "sneak" a few bites before he has to get off the counter and wait for a cooked cookie.


And this was just a funny video. Do I sound creepy or what? We like to chase Spencer around a lot. And he usually likes it too.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Love that wet bum! I have a picture of Spencer wearing Grace's sunglasses, what a silly boy. The girls love to watch the videos over and over again!

Michael Beckstead said...

Sweet pic in the glasses!

Allison said...

Cute pictures! And i think the storm chaser thing is cool, not weird :) Can't believe the crazy weather over there!