Monday, April 12, 2010

I'm a big kid now!

Yesterday was Spencers first day in nursery. And he absolutely loved it. I really didn't think he would have a problem going and so I'm glad that is how it worked out. I went in to drop him off and he immediately ran over to the toy closet and didn't look back. So he didn't even notice when I left. And they told us after that he did so good and didn't have any problems! I peeked in after the second hour just to see how he was doing. He was sitting up to the little table eating his snack. It was adorable and he looked so grown up.

Speaking of grown up, Spencer has had quite a few changes lately. He has officially crossed over from babyhood into toddlerhood. :) The binky is totally gone from his life (except on very rare early mornings when he won't go back to sleep and we are desperate...that has only happened a few times though). And he's doing so great without it. Yesterday he started nursery. A few days ago I decided to move his little booster seat up so he could sit at the table and eat. Thanks to my sister Jessica for telling me that his little chair could be raised up so he could sit at the table. I was about to go and buy a new booster seat for him! The only problem with this is that he likes to slouch down in his chair and put his foot up on the table! And it seems like he takes even longer to eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner...which I never thought could be possible.



Spencer enjoying putting his feet on the table more than eating his toast.


And last night Bryce took the front rail off of Spencer's crib! So it's almost like he is in a big boy bed. We have been talking about doing this for a little while. And I was telling Bryce yesterday all the things we needed to do before we did it. Like really babyproof the room and move things around. I unfortunately have to work some Sunday evenings, so I was working last night and came home and Bryce informed me that he decided to just do it. I am sure he purposely did it while I was gone without telling me because I would have made him wait. But I am glad he did it. Spencer slept really well last night. He didn't fall out or even try to climb out of it. So he's doing great in his "new" bed. I put him down for a nap not too long ago. He cried for a little while so I decided to go in and check to make sure he was still in the bed. And he was. He had thrown out his blanket and teddy bear but he was still in it. Btw, we gave him a teddy bear when we took the binky away. I figured it might help with the transition. :) Anyway, he eventually went to sleep and didn't ever try to get out of the bed. I think he doesn't try to climb out because Bryce put the wood beam up a little higher so that it is above his mattress a little. That's my theory anyway.



And I couldn't resist going in there to take a picture. It was way to cute to pass up. :)


And there you have it. Spencer is now a big boy! Actually, I guess he's not really a big boy until he is potty trained. But we've still got a while before that will happen I think.

5 comments:

Pam said...

Oh that picture with him sleeping with his arms around the teddy bear is ADORABLE!

Michael Beckstead said...

Such a little man!

Erika said...

He is a big boy--we're still not to the no binky/big boy bed stage. You're brave but it looks like Spencer was more than ready! What a good kid! :)

Allison said...

I never realized how important the seemingly "small" victories were (like weaning a kid off of a pacifier) were until now as I've been trying to instill routines in my own baby! Way to go on all his milestones! That's great about nursery.

Annie Beckstead said...

wow, I love love love that picture. What a good boy.