Monday, June 28, 2010

The Lake

Last week-end we took a trip out to the lake. My uncle's family has a lake house with a boat and some jet skiis. The lake house brings back many great childhood/teenage memories for me. So it was fun to finally be able to take Bryce and Spencer out there to see how much fun it is. I was slightly nervous about taking Spencer out in the water. So far he is hated any kind of floatie or life saving device and I figured we'd have many meltdowns. But after he realized he had to wear a life jacket or he couldn't go on the boat he had no problems keeping it on.

We spent time playing games, eating great food, watching the World Cup, and spending some time out on the boat mostly tubing. I kind of forgot how much I hate tubing. I mean really it's pretty fun but it sure is painful. Bryce and I were both so sore after the first day so it wasn't quite as fun the second day. Bryce really enjoyed the jet ski though...while it was working anyway. Can you believe this was his first time riding a jet ski? Well, here are a few pictures from our trip.


Spencer on the tube with mom and dad. We made sure they went really slow and he did pretty well. He didn't seem too excited about it but he didn't cry so we assume it was a pleasant experience for him.


Spencer, Dad, and Mom


Spencer really liked helping Uncle Ryan drive the boat. It was probably his favorite thing to do.

Tube wars. Jenny, Sawyer, Sarah, and Austin. This was a pretty calm moment. Tube wars mostly consists of either hanging on for dear life or trying to jump on the other tube and knock everyone else off.
We saw a lot of little fish jumping out of the water as we were on the boat. It was quite disturbing really while I was on the tube. We passed a dead catfish and then there were a bunch of little fish jumping all over the water when Chelsea and I fell off. Chelsea of course was screaming like a crazy person. I just made sure to kick my legs to scare any fish away. In the picture Matt caught one of the little fish. He gave it a kiss and threw it back in. It's probably good that Jack was on the tube with him instead of Chels. :)

No comments: