Monday, February 7, 2011

Exciting News!

Although this exciting news has nothing to do with the new baby, it is almost as great as if I were able to tell everyone that the baby is here. But don't worry the baby still hasn't made it's appearance.

Our great news has to do with Bryce! We found out a week or so ago that he was accepted into Wichita State's PA program! And we couldn't be more thrilled. Getting into PA school has been a long process but everything has worked out so well and we are so grateful for this opportunity. It won't be an easy two years but it will definitely be worth it.

Besides getting the best news of our lives (can you tell I'm pretty excited about it? and Bryce is even more excited I'm sure!) we have just been dealing with tons of snow here in Oklahoma. It's finally all starting to kinda melt and clear up but supposedly we will be getting more in the next few days. Spencer and I can hardly take it anymore! He is not a big fan of the snow. He usually loves to go outside but there's something about the snow he just doesn't like. He has been sick the past week so I think that may have something to do with it. We did get him to go outside once.  Bryce carried him out kicking and screaming. After being out for a few minutes he realized it wasn't so bad but he was ready when it was time to go back in.


We have gone out a few times since then but he really only likes to stay in the garage and play in the car. So we have been trying to find some fun and exciting things to do inside. One day I built Spencer a little fort, which kept his attention for a little while. He loved exploring inside of it with his flashlight.


I also showed him how fun it is to fix the bottom of the chair. I used to do this a lot as a kid. I would draw with markers an engine and different car parts on the bottom of our fold up chairs and pretend to fix them up. I figured Spencer might enjoy it too but it only lasted about a minute. He has more fun working on real cars with daddy than pretend chair cars with mommy.


Spencer loves playing with playdough. Really he loves telling mommy what to make and then playing with my creations. He only really likes to squish the playdough or make snakes. Here he is playing with his blue train.


You can tell what Spencer's current interests are by our line up below. We've got a green airplaine, blue train, another smaller green airplane, Mario (doesn't it look just like him?), and an "eye". That's what Spencer calls the thing you go through on the Wii Sports Resort airplane game that he loves so much.


So we keep ourselves pretty busy but we are definitely ready for the snow to go away!

5 comments:

Kathy said...

Congratulations! That is such exciting news. We are so happy for you. Good luck as you begin the next chapter in your families life.

HolliJo said...

Congratulations! That is awesome! And what an exciting step! I'm sure it's a big relief to have gotten in and not have to worry anymore. We're so happy for you guys!

whitney johnson said...

kathleen, you are such a cute little pregnant lady and spencer gets cuter and cuter with every picture, i swear! and congratulations to bryce! very exciting :)

Chelsea and Cody said...

YAY! I have been waiting to read this on your blog. I am so happy for you guys. Go Bryce. And the next exciting news will be cute baby! YAY again!

Brian & Kyla said...

So, I have to say oops! I was still following your old blog. I was thinking today, Kathleen is getting close to delivering, I wonder why she hasn't posted. Well, I figured it out.

Congrats on Bryce getting into PA school! When does school start?

Good luck with the end of the pregnancy!! I'll have to come visit before you guys leave.