Tuesday, September 13, 2011

And some Owen too.

This is why I love babies! Look at those cheeks! (photo courtesy of Spencer)

Enjoying some prunes.

I just have to record this. Because as I have been trying to figure out not swaddling Owen I kept wondering when we stopped with Spencer. So we finally tried letting Owen put himself to sleep. And I figured if I was going to do that we might as well start not wrapping him up too. The first night was terrible. I read a sleeping book that said it could take 45 minutes to an hour. And it was definitely an hour of mostly screaming. We'd go in and check on him, put his binky in and try to calm him down. Which of course never worked. I was getting pretty hysterical so Bryce went in and flipped him over to his tummy. Immediate relief. He went right to sleep and slept all night! Obviously he wore himself out. So he is now a tummy sleeper, can usually put himself to sleep, and usually only wakes up once during the night! It's been wonderful. I'm just hoping it doesn't change too soon.

1 comment:

HolliJo said...

Ah I'm so glad you posted this! We are getting close to sleep training Taycie and not swaddling, so I'll hve to keep the tummy trick in mind!